Carol... Michele and the Boys

Michele and I both raced with the elite 4's (as Lee has reported so fastidiously...) :-)
.
It was a great experience in both being in a pack ... the whole race... and riding aggressively.
.
I felt nervous for about 5 laps and then relaxed and realized that I could stay with the front pack.
.
Mark, Rod, Lee, Darin, and Mark Fiori were around all the time, and I just kept them in my sight and was constantly manuevering and fighting to get on their wheels. I felt so pumped
when the race was over!
.
The master's 4's was coming up, and at the last minute I decided to enter it. why not?? There was one spot left.... it was meant to be! I really wanted to feel what doing 2 races felt like..I got my number pinned on by the registrar, and jumped into the start line right before the race began.
.
This race was far more aggressive and sketchier than the elites. I felt good, though,and tried an attack at one point (that held until the next turn). :-) Hey, why not??It was awesome!! I even tried "blocking" for the guys, and going for it on the outside just to keep them guessing...
.
When Rod went down, I was actually next to him (I didn't cause it, I swear!). I heard yelling and *&%^ and I felt his front wheel on my back wheel... I sped up and just missed going down myself. It was terrible hearing him go down behind me, and hearing him "slide" for a while... I was amazed when we came back around on the very next lap and he was up and slid right back into the race... HTFU to ROD!!Overall and great experience, and a real joy to race WITH our guys.
.
I loved it when at 3 laps to go in the Master's race, a guy next to me yelled out "let's RACE"! I said "let's go..." Thank you for making Michele and I feel so welcome in your race!
.
DBC is the best!!
.
Cheers, and Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: