Wente 09 from Anna F.

After 5 weeks of no races or only disappointing DNPs I finally had a good racing weekend again: I won the Wente RR on Saturday and placed 4th in the crit on Sunday :)I was quite excited about the RR because lots of people told me before hand that it could be my type of race. Biggest thanks ever to Brian for lending me his wheels ! Warming up with those I knew I was going to be the happy strider in the peleton - no matter what :D The race started fast with people going up the first hill for the KOM like crazy. I only hold on because Ididn't want a break to go without me. I won the KOM by out sprinting another girl on the line :) The 2 of us then rode on with quite a gap over the restof the field. I didn't actually think it would stick until Heather P from Team Touchstone bridged over and only then I started to work hard to make the break stay away. The motorcycles always gave us the time, we were up to 3 mins clear of the field. The 3 of us arrived at the bottom of the lasthill together and I was just the fastest up the hill, so I won with quite some gap. The best ever was to hear the DBC feedzone support cheer for me whenever I passed, especially on the last climb, when it was just "me and the moto" coming up the hill :D The cheering definitely made me go about 80%faster !! So a huge thanks to Michele and all the rest of the DBC team !On Sunday Marianne and I raced in the pro/1/2/3 crit ! It was fast ! Marianne just "loved how we raced around the corners" - I was a bit more scared to be honest... There were 9 primes in our race, and there was lots going on all the time. Just felt like a crazy race to me... I placed 4th incat 3 and top 10 or maybe top 15 overall. Lessons learned: Michele's mum cooks amazing pasta !!! So if you're racing around Livermore,think about inviting yourself to their place for excellent race preparation :D..... Anna

No comments: